At the April 9, 2020 meeting, the Central Minnesota Arts Board (CMAB) awarded $20,838 in Arts Legacy funds to area organizations in support of Artist Residencies.
The Artist in Residence (AIR) program is designed to enhance education through the arts with supportive grants to schools and nonprofit organizations. The intention of any residency proposal must be to increase interaction between students, community members and professional artists.
• City of Monticello, $3,500 where MontiArts will host portrait artist Victoria Eidelsztein for The Humans of Monticello Community Portrait Project. Victoria will offer forums, demonstrations and workshops while completing 10-15 portraits of diverse community members. The portraits will then be placed on display in prominent areas and buildings around the city of Monticello.
• Paramount Center for the Arts, $3,500 for artist Paige LaDue Henry to work with Foley High School Sculpture & Art Club students to create sculpture that explores and communicates ideas related to identity.
• Park View Care Center, $3,450 for Bringing Art4Life for residents and families to work one-to-one with artist Suzy Volden to learn new painting techniques and create works of art for display in Buffalo, MN.
• Promise Neighborhood of Central MN, $3,500 for African Art History and Appreciation mixed media experience with artist Sarah Drake for K-8 Students in St. Cloud, MN.
• SOAR Regional Arts, $3,500 for resident artist Jeff Anderson to work with the Teen Advisory Group members to create a free Broadway in the Park production of Madagascar Jr in Otsego, MN.
• Talahi Community School, $3,388 for puppet artist Bart Buch to conduct a one-week residency in puppetry for second grade students at Talahi Community School in St. Cloud, MN.
The Central Minnesota Arts Board supports collaborative and innovative arts opportunities through partnerships and financial investments in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright counties as one of eleven Regional Arts Councils designated by the Minnesota State Arts Board working with community partners to increase access to the unique cultural assets of Minnesota.