The Project Grant program provides funds of up to $8,000 to nonprofit organizations, schools, local government, and community groups in support of arts-focused events. There is a 10% cash match required.
Funding for this program comes from the Minnesota State General Fund and Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund.
CMAB Program Outcomes
1. Regional residents experience increased access to the arts via a reduction in geographic, cultural and/or physical barriers.
2. Regional residents experience a change in knowledge, attitude, behavior, or condition due to public art, arts festivals, or arts events.
3. Regional residents build connections to their own and others’ cultural heritage through regional arts and cultural events and/or activities.
Applicants must serve Region 7W residents and be located within the Minnesota counties of Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, or Wright. Minnesota nonprofit 501(c)(3), schools and local government outside Region 7W may apply by demonstrating two years of established service within Benton, Sherburne, Stearns or Wright counties.
• Nonprofit 501(c) (3) arts organizations
• Nonprofit organizations that do not have arts as a primary focus
• Community groups WITHOUT nonprofit designation that are sponsored by a fiscal agent
• Public Schools
• Local government entities (city, township and county)
• Out of Region nonprofit 501(C)(3), Schools or local government
Download the Guidelines.doc in Microsoft Word to use as a draft!
NEW? Watch the Applicant Tutorial for instructions on
creating an account and using the online grant system.
Rnd 1: Wed., September 6, 2023
Rnd 2: Wed., February 28, 2024
*DRAFT Review Deadlines:
Rnd 1: Wed., August 16, 2023
Rnd 2: Wed., February 14, 2024
Rnd 1: Thurs/Fri, Oct 5-6, 2023
Rnd 2: Thurs/Fri, April 4-5, 2024
Rnd 1: Thurs., October 12, 2023
Rnd 2: Thurs., April 11, 2024