TEACHING ARTIST ROSTER
Watercolor, Creative Dramatics, Music, and Mixed Media Art
As a multidisciplinary artist I offer various art experiences. I have been combining watercolor/mixed media art, creative dramatics and music into memorable art experiences for over 20 years. I offer watercolor residencies, Creative Dramatics residencies as well as Early childhood music residencies in workshops and classrooms.
* Encourage art exploration by providing watercolor art experiences.
* Help students gain confidence in expressing themselves through creative dramatics, music, and art.
* Encourage students to create a fun twist on a familiar story that captures students' imagination using theater games, improvisation, and movement to enhance storytelling.
* Provide guidance and encouragement for students creating a collaborative presentation.
* Offer music experiences in a large or small setting to expose children and their parents to the love of music.
*Watercolor Art Experience: In this art residency color theory and techniques are presented and students will experience the vibrancy and transparency that watercolor can deliver by practicing with watercolor paints and then producing finished pieces.
*Creative Drama/Music Workshop: In this workshop, children learn about using their bodies, voices, and imagination to create characters and present a story with other students. Theater games, improvisation, and storytelling are some of the tools that are used to encourage creativity. In the first part of the workshop, students participate in improvisation games to try out some activities and stretch their imagination. Depending on the type of residency a performance showcase can be added at the end residency. Workshops can range from 1 to 5 days for an hour and a half each depending on what works for the program/teacher.
* Collaborative Classroom Creative Drama/Music Experience: Collaborate with the host teacher and students on a presentation and perform for an audience. Implementing standards can range from literacy, math, science, and social studies.
*Stand-Alone or Classroom Music Experience: A one-time music class for a larger group of children OR a series of music classes within a center or early childhood classroom. Children experience music by singing, playing rhythm instruments and moving in an early childhood class or with parents.
*By using art experiences my goal is to help students tap into their creative thinking skills and give opportunities to highlight their own voice, thoughts, and emotions.