TEACHING ARTIST ROSTER
Creative Dramatics, Performing Arts, Music, and Mixed Media
For over 20 years I have been combining early childhood teaching, music, and creative dramatics into everyday life. I help students tap into their creative thinking skills and give opportunities to highlight their own voice, thoughts, and emotions by using storytelling, music, improvisation, instruments, and props.
* Helping students gain confidence in expressing themselves through creative dramatics, music, and art.
* Encourage students to create a fun twist on a familiar story that captures students' imagination using theatre games, improvisation, and
movement to enhance storytelling.
* Provide guidance and encouragement for students creating a collaborative presentation.
* Offer music experiences in a large or small setting to expose children and their parents to the love of music.
* Provide mixed media art experiences.
*Creative Drama/Music Workshop: In this workshop, children learn about using their bodies, voices, and imagination to create a character and tell a familiar children’s story. Theatre games, improvisation, and storytelling are some of the tools that are used to encourage creativity. In the first part of the workshop, students participate in improvisation games to try out some activities and stretch their imagination. Depending on the type of workshop a performance showcase can be added at the end of the session. Workshops range from 1 to 5 days for an hour and a half each depending on what works for the program/teacher.
* Collaborative Classroom Creative Drama/Music Experience: Collaborate with a Classroom teacher and students on a presentation and perform for an audience. Implementing standards can range from literacy, math, science, and social studies.
*Stand-Alone or Classroom Music Experience: A one-time music class for a larger group of children OR a series of music classes within a center or early childhood classroom.
*Mixed Media Art Experience: A one-time collaborative art experience OR a session that is used in a Creative Dramatics workshop to create masks, props, or costumes.