TEACHING ARTIST ROSTER
Mixed Media, Paper Collage
I have worked with children, youth, adults and seniors of various abilities, nationalities and languages. By providing safe exploration in mixed media with other subjects, students develop comfort with art instead of being scared of it. This expands their understanding thus leading to expression via creating.
• Include descriptive review of artwork
• Talk about things that don’t seem related and then students find the way to their inspiration
• Change the materials we are using mid-creation
Write before creating visual work
My residencies build comfort with art through creativity, inspiration, exploration and discovery in combination with social science themes like:
1. Art as a tool for social change.
2. Bridging our difference through similarities.
3. Telling migration stories.