CMAB Awards Arts Organization Development Grant
At the December 11, 2020 meeting, the Central MN Arts Board (CMAB) awarded $34,455 in Organizational Development Grants.
The following organizations were awarded:
1. Avon Hills Folk School, Stearns Country received $5,000 to support hiring a part time Programming Director for program development and outreach.
2. Buffalo Arts Council, Wright County, received $5,000 in support of the process to establish nonprofit 501c3 status.
3. Buffalo Community Orchestra, Wright County, received $2,730 for website, software and licensing upgrade to allow digital publication and streaming of concerts.
4. Chamber Music Society of St. Cloud, Stearns County, received $5,000 to conduct strategic planning and to support purchases that update office equipment.
5. Lucent Movement Arts, Stearns County received $1,725 in support of establishing nonprofit 501c status.
6. Paramount Center for the Arts, Stearns County, received $5,000 to support Virtual Field Trips where artists will provide a “live” component to their field trip experience.
7. The St. John’s Boys’ Choir, Stearns County, received $5,000 to support investing in their technological infrastructure and provide professional development in audio/video production for the Artistic Director.
8. Youth Chorale of Central MN, Stearns County, received $5,000 to hire Chad Nelson, Director of Photography at KARE11 as camera and equipment consultant and to purchase video equipment and software necessary to increase access to rehearsals and performances.
The CMAB Organizational Development program provides funds to help establish, maintain & strengthen the infrastructure of nonprofit arts organizations. These funds are also available to assist arts groups in establishing nonprofit 501(c)(3) status. Funding for this grant program is provided through an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the state’s general fund, and the Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund created by the Voters of Minnesota.