At the December 13, 2018 meeting, the Central Minnesota Arts Board (CMAB) awarded $24,500 in Arts Legacy funds to seven area organizations in support of Artist Residencies.
The Artist in Residency (AIR) program is designed to enhance education through the arts with supportive grants to schools and nonprofit organizations. The intention of any residency proposal must be to increase interaction between students, community members and professional artists.
- Chamber Music Society of St. Cloud, $3,500, for a residency with PUBLIQuartet that includes outreach activities at several area schools, colleges and universities culminating in a free family concert held at St. Cloud Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and a formal concert at St. Cloud State University, Ruth Gant Recital Hall on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
- City of Monticello, $3,500, for muralist and street artist Limpio, a.k.a. Matt Litwin, to conduct two workshops, one focused towards artists and art educators and one focused toward teen artists, culminating in a community mural June 2019 on the exterior of Live Laugh Bloom Floral in Monticello, MN. A public reception with Limpio will conclude the residency.
- herARTS in Action, $3,500, artist Sarah Drake will provide a mixed media experience for K-12 students focused on African art appreciation. Students will choose one piece of completed work to be exhibited during Fred Yiran African Arts Day in June 2019.
- ISD728 Zimmerman High School, $3,500, artist Ariel Lauryn will conduct week long workshop on physical theater and puppetry in March 2019 for high school drama students providing experience in shadow puppetry to be used for the spring play at Zimmerman High School in Zimmerman, MN
- Sauk Rapids Rice Hillside Adult Education, $3,500, Artist Laura Ruprecht will lead students at Sauk Rapids-Rice Hillside Adult Education in a 15-week Mosaic Art Residency February – May 2019 to create a mobile mosaic art piece that can be on display in a variety of locations.
- SOAR Regional Arts, $3,500, for vocal director, Mary Ann Boniface to work with the Teen Advisory Group to increase vocal performance quality for the summer Broadway in the Park performance at Otsego Prairie Park July 2019 in Otsego, MN.
- Talahi Community School, $3,500, artist Heidi Jeub will conduct a one-week Discovering Your Classmates painting residency with 125 kindergarten students March 2019 at Talahi Community School in St. Cloud, MN.
The Central Minnesota Arts Board supports collaborative and innovative arts opportunities through partnerships and financial investments in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright counties as one of eleven Regional Arts Councils designated by the Minnesota State Arts Board working with community partners to increase access to the unique cultural assets of Minnesota.